Privacy & Cookies Policy
1.1 General Principles
Blukudu is committed to safeguarding the privacy of your information. By ‘your information’ we mean any information about you that you or third parties provide to us, that we will handle in accordance with the Blukudu Privacy Principles:
- We will only collect and use your information where we have lawful grounds and legitimate business reasons to do so
- If we have collected your information for a particular purpose we will not use it for anything else unless you have been informed and, where relevant, your permission obtained
- We will not ask for more information than we need for the purposes for which we are collecting it
- We will update our records when you inform us that your details have changed
- We will continue to review and assess the quality of our information
- We will observe the rights granted to you under applicable privacy and data protection laws and will ensure that queries relating to privacy issues are promptly and transparently dealt with
- We will train our staff on their privacy obligations
- We will ensure that when we outsource any processes we ensure the supplier has appropriate security measures in place
- We will ensure that suitable safeguards are in place before personal information is transferred to other countries.
1.2 Information we collect
When completing any online forms, we will tell you how your information will be used, unless this is obvious. If you are asked to provide information about others you must ensure that you have their consent or are otherwise entitled to provide this information to us.
1.3 How we use your information
We may use your information for research and statistical analysis with the aim of improving our services. We may pass your information collected online to people who provide a service to us or are acting as our agents, on the understanding that they will keep the information confidential. If we transfer your information to an agent or service provider located in another country, we will make sure that they agree to apply the same levels of protection as we are required to apply to your information and to use your information strictly in accordance with our instructions. We will retain information collected about you online for as long as permitted for legitimate business purposes.
2.1 What are cookies?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognises that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise a user’s device. Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improve the user experience. They can also help to ensure that adverts you see online are more relevant to you and your interests.
2.2 What types of cookies do we use?
The type of cookies used on this website can be classified into one of three categories, namely Strictly Necessary, Performance and Functionality Cookies. An explanation of each type of cookie is provided below:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies
- These cookies are essential in order to enable you to navigate our websites and to access secure content. Without these cookies, services you have asked for, such as internet banking facilities, cannot be provided. These cookies don’t gather information about you for profiling or targeted marketing purposes.
- Performance Cookies
- These cookies collect information about how visitors use our websites, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect personally identifiable information; the information collected is anonymous and is only used to improve the performance of our websites. These cookies are not used to target you with online advertising and without these cookies we cannot learn how our website is performing, and make relevant improvements that could help improve your experience when using our online services.
- Functionality Cookies
- These cookies allow our websites to remember the choices that you make (such as your user name, your preferred language or the region you reside in) and provide enhanced features. These cookies can also be used to remember customisation changes that you may make (for example text size or fonts). They may also be used to provide services the user has asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect is anonymised and cannot be used to track your browsing activity on other websites. These cookies are not used to target you with online advertising and without these cookies the website will not be able to remember choices that you have previously made or personalise your website browsing experience.
2.3 How to control and delete cookies through your browser
The ability to enable, disable or delete cookies can be completed at browser level. In order to do this follow instructions provided by your browser (usually located within the “Help”, “Tools” or “Edit” facility). Please note that if you set your browser to disable cookies, you may not be able to access secure areas of the website, for example internet banking facilities. Further information on how to amend your cookie preferences through your browser is available at the external website www.allaboutcookies.org
2.4 What happens to Cookies that have been set in the past?
If you have disabled one or more cookie categories, we may still use information collected from cookies prior to your disabled preference being set, however, we will stop using the disabled cookie to collect any further information.
2.5 Use of Web Beacons
Some of our web pages may contain electronic images known as web beacons (sometimes also called clear gifs). Web beacons are usually a small image that makes up the webpage you want to view and the request to view that image is then logged by the server/computer we store that image on. The request for the image from your browser allows us to know simple information such as the IP address of the computer wanting to view the image, the time the image was viewed, and the type of browser viewing the image. This information is available to any website you visit. We do not use information collected through web beacons for profiling or targeted marketing purposes.
If you have any questions about our Privacy & Cookies Policy please email us at email@example.com. Please do not include any confidential personal information within your email.